Oodlemania on Twitter Fri 1/20 - 50,000 Oodles up for grabs! (Ended)
We just reached 3,000 Twitter followers, and we want to say a very special “thank you!” We're going to celebrate in style and give away 50,000 Oodles during Oodlemania on Fri, 1/20!
Watch the GSNOOdles Twitter account all day for chances to win. Refer back to this thread for details and to answer any questions you have.
To help you plan, here’s a sneak preview of things to come:
First up is our trivia schedule. It’ll be "Kitchen Sink" trivia – the questions could be about anything!
Rules for Trivia
Trivia is played in real time, meaning the first person to answer wins. Usually you can only win 1 trivia question a day, but this time around, you can go back for seconds (or more). If nobody new to the contest answers within 5 minutes of a question being asked, then a previous winner may win again. So keep answering even if you've won earlier in the day…you may luck out!
All answers must be spelled correctly, so if you make a typo, correct it quickly before someone else answers! Note that the final decision on winners is up to GSNOodles, and correct answers have already been determined.
Winners are who we see reply first, and with many people answering all at once, Twitter sometimes shows us a response order that’s different than what you see. Unfortunately, that’s beyond our control.
• 11am ET/8am PT Trivia! - There will be 10 questions worth 500 Oodles each.
• 2pm ET/11am PT Trivia! - There will be 10 questions worth 500 Oodles each.
• 5pm ET/2pm PT Trivia! - There will be 10 questions worth 500 Oodles each.
• 8pm ET/5pm PT Trivia! - There will be 10 questions worth 500 Oodles each.
Below are the other opportunities to win Oodles from 12:01am ET to 11:59pm ET on Fri, Jan 20. To qualify for Oodles, you must post on Twitter. Posting tweets on the message board, or before or after Friday will not help you earn Oodles.
With the following Oodletunities, you can win in more than one category, so feel free to do as many of the challenges as you like. You can also tweet as often as you like, and that gives you a better chance of winning, since we'll be more likely to see you! Whether you write a poem, tell us your favorite Oodles game, or tell us why you like Oodles, feel free to tweet throughout the day!
• Retweet any of our Prize Center or #Oodlemania promo tweets on Friday. The more times you retweet, the better your odds of winning are – 15 random people win 500 Oodles. To retweet, just click on the "Retweet" icon under our tweet.
• What's your favorite Oodles game? Tell us your favorite Oodles game. Be sure to start your tweet with @GSNOodles and end it with #Oodlemania to qualify – 10 random people win 500 Oodles
• Why do you love Oodles? Tell us why you love Oodles. Be sure to start your tweet with @GSNOodles and end it with #Oodlemania to qualify – 10 random people win 500 Oodles
• Write a short poem about #GSNOodles. Be sure to start your tweet with @GSNOodles and end it with #Oodlemania to qualify. The GSNOodles team will pick 5 people to win 3,000 Oodles each!
• Always start your tweets to us with @GSNOodles so we see it. Using @GSNOodles makes it show up on our Oodles page. If you click “reply" to a tweet, that’ll automatically be filled in for you. If you don’t have @GSNOodles in front of your tweet, then we won't see it and it doesn't qualify to win.
• We're asking everyone to end their tweets with #Oodlemania. Be sure to include the hashtag to help us search. If you don’t include #Oodlemania, your tweet will not qualify for Oodles. An example tweet would be: @GSNOodles I like Mahjongg Dimensions #Oodlemania
• This is a game day on Twitter only. It's not too late to get a Twitter account if you don't have one! You can find us at www.twitter.com/GSNOodles.
We're looking forward to a great day of fun on Twitter! If you have any questions, feel free to post them below.
Winners will be credited on or before Tuesday, Jan 24 and posted in this thread. If you win and we do not have a GSN member name on file so we can credit you, we'll tweet you and ask for it.
Last edited by GSNAngel; 01-20-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Round One Trivia Winners
Category - Animals
1. Fill in the blank: Cats purr at the same frequency as an idling _______ engine, about 26 cycles per second. Answer: Diesel Winner: choonkitng
2. Also known as an Alsatian, what well known dog breed is used in police and guide-dog work? Answer: German Shepherd Winner: emilovadragneva
3. The Appaloosa is a horse known for it's leopard spotted coat pattern. Which Native American tribe developed this breed? Answer: Nez Perce Winner: roberttruskey14
4. The Killer Whale is the largest member of what species family? Answer: Dolphin Winner: mademedoit1
5. This famous reindeer has a glowing red nose and leads Santa's sleigh. What's his name? Answer: Rudolph Winner: stormking9
6. True or false: Camels can run as fast as horses. Answer: True Winner: bmitchelf
7. In 1957 the Soviet Union sent a dog into outer space on Sputnik 2. What was the dog's name? Answer: Laika Winner: kevinbe1
8. Lions live in large social groups called what? Answer: Pride Winner: CTSweeper
9. This National Park is the only place in the lower 48 states where a population of wild bison has survived since prehistoric times. Answer: Yellowstone Winner: imafttr
10. Which vicious member of the weasel family is also known as a Skunk-bear? Answer: Wolverine Winner: mbs825
Join us again at 2pm ET/11am PT for Round 2!
Last edited by GSNAngel; 01-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Round Two Trivia Winners
Category - Food
1. What animal is the source of the milk used in making genuine Roquefort cheese? Answer Sheep Winner robertb125
2. What was the original flavor of the cream filling in a Twinkie? Answer Banana Winner TygraRabbit
3. What dessert was created for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897? Answer Cherries Jubilee Winner mrsbarsky
4. What fruit was once known as the "alligator pear"? Answer Avocado Winner perfekcouponing
5. Margaret Rudkin started what modern bakery in an unused outbuilding on her farm? Answer Pepperidge Farm Winner arrohur
6. To celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2002, Barnum's Animal Crackers added which animal? Answer Koala Winner bud109
7. Which cereal has had both a whip-cracking cowboy and a porcupine named "Poppy" as a mascot? Answer Corn Pops Winner Johnny_Arcade
8. What Ben & Jerry's ice cream is made with banana ice cream, fudge chunks, and walnuts? Answer Chunky Monkey Winner ESPY5
9. In the English fairy tale, Jack and the Beanstalk, what did Jack trade for the five magic beans? Answer Cow Winner tammyangel77
10. What sticky sweetener was traditionally used as an antiseptic ointment for cuts and burns? Answer Honey Winner manolaras1
Join us again at 5pm ET/2pm PT for Round 3!
Round Three Trivia Winners
Category - Sports
1. One of only 23 drivers to have won in each of NASCAR's top three series, Elliot Sadler was born in which state? Answer Virginia Winner GSNChatters
2. Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps won eight gold medals at the Beijing Games in 2008. His eight gold medals broke whose record of seven? Answer Mark Spitz Winner amycVT
3. The Edmonton Oilers, made famous by Wayne Gretzky, won how many Stanley Cups between 1984-1990? Answer 5 Winner Smoars
4. What made it's debut as an official sport in the 1998 Winter Olympics at Nagano, Japan? Answer Snowboarding Winner jagcatgo
5. Fairmont Banff Springs is a ski resort located in Banff National Park and is modeled after what kind of Baronial Castle? Answer Scottish Winner RoylovesCynthia
6. Which Philadelphia Phillies pitcher got a one-year, $15 million deal this week? Answer Cole Hamels Winner lewie2s
7. Who was the only player to win the super bowl MVP while playing for a losing team? Answer Chuck Howley Winner kballard27
8. Which sport was banned in Scotland from 1457 to 1502 to ensure citizens wouldn't waste time when preparing for an English invasion? Answer Golf Winner magneto_acolyte
9. Which Swiss city is home to the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Museum? Answer Lausanne Winner peiboy91
10. In the movie "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" what was the name of Peter LaFleur's gym? Answer Average Joe's Winner LonnaEm
For a last chance at Oodlemania Trivia, join us again at 8pm ET/5pm PT for Round 4!
Last edited by GSNAngel; 01-21-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Round Four Trivia Winners
Category - Around the World
1. Which US national park is home to a supervolcano? Answer Yellowstone Winner Vgmastr
2. Which country has the tallest waterfall in the world? Answer Venezuela Winner JayDLewis
3. Hornindalsvatnet is Europe's deepest lake. Which country is it in? Answer Norway Winner osuwaribooi
4. The world's second highest mountain is lower than Mount Everest by only 778 feet. Also known as Qogir, what's this mountain's common name? Answer K2 Winner gestawoman
5. "The Van Gogh Museum" is in which European city? Answer Amsterdam Winner frog456789
6. In which country would you find the Great Victoria Desert? Answer Australia Winner flowers4me2
7. Which Canadian province is named after the ancestral home of Great Britain’s King George III? Answer New Brunswick Winner 2020rblack
8. What was the last ruling imperial dynasty in China, from 1644 to 1912? Answer Qing Winner twittel1
9. From which French region does Muscadet come? Answer Loire Valley Winner RachelB57
10. What Hungarian city is split by the Danube River? Answer Budapest Winner ajax77777
Thank you all our trivia players! We had a lot of fun today. Trivia winners have been credited. The challenge winners will be credited on or by Tuesday, Jan 24.
I truly enjoy the game today, even though I did not win I learned a lot by playing. That alone I feel like I'm also a winner.
Thank you GSN. The best website game on line.
Thank you very much for the games and the Oodles GSN Angel. It was so much fun to play and I won!
Thanks GSNAngel for oodlemania on twitter today! It was great! The was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again sometime soon!
My Dear GSNAngel
Oodlemainia was a blast, thanks Hon for a great day full of fun. I played every question for all four rounds. Knowing ya'll Tweeted the right answer, then came the waiting to see was your name going to come up as the winner, it was so intense, but, excitement level was off the scale. Can't tell ya how kewl it was when my name finally came up. Yea Hah. Continued playing even after I won, just for the fun of it. I hope this will become an ongoing game from time from time.
Thanks Again For A Great Idea For A Fun Game
You're welcome everyone! It was a lot of fun.
Yea, I won 500 oodles. Thank you for the exciting day of trivia. I couldn't believe it when my name showed up as a winner. Thanks again. I love GSN and all my friends here. Cathie aka gestawoman
It was truely a fun day .., even though I didnt win I did get quite a few correct answers to the trivia questions and you have finally encouraged me to get a twitter account. I am still learning how to navigate the site so maybe next time I will know what I'm doing . Look forward to doing this again .
Thanks again ;D
GSN Angel, did we have 40 different winners for the twitter game?
Yes. Please see above, all the games and winners are listed.
Originally Posted by charlessims
The following are the rest of our Oodlemania Twitter winners. Congratulations to everyone who won, and welcome all the new people to twitter!
If the names below have a red asterisk after it, that means we need the GSN User name to credit the account. If your name has a red asterisk, please go on Twitter and answer the Tweet we sent asking for user names. If a name does not have a red asterisk after it, we already have your user name on file. Winners will be credited before day's end.
Retweet Winners of 500 Oodles each
Favorite Game Winners of 500 Oodles each
1. [B]stewie3md - @GSNOodles I like Mahjongg Dimensions #Oodlemania
2. [B]susanmillersm9 - @gsn oodles i love gsn games #oodlemania
3. GSNChatters - @GSNOodles My All Time Favorite GSN Oodle Games Is Catch-21 #Oodlemania
4. Digifan23 -@GSNOodles my fav oodle game is LINGO and Wheel of Fortune #Oodlemania
5. 10701EMinor* - @GSNOodles I love to spades #Oodlemania
6. frog456789 - @GSNOodles I love Fizgig #Oodlemania
7. TygraRabbit - @GSNOodles My favorite oodles game is Big Money. Just can't stop playing it! #oodlemania
8. ESPY5 - @GSNOodles My favorite game is Mahjonng Toy Chest! A great strategy game and a a crazy eights leaderboard game too! #oodlemania
9. twittel1 - @GSNOodles My favorite Oodle game is Fling Shot! Aim cards in the hat & if I do well there R oodles in my hat (oodle register)! #oodlemania
10. perfekcouponing - @gsnoodles I love mahjong dimensions #oodlemania
Oodles Love Winners of 500 Oodles each
1. bud109 - @GSNOodles I love to win Oodles, they are oodles of fun, you can redeem for games on the go, and a chance to win cash! #Oodlemania
2. pm296 - @GSNOodles I love oodles because they are that extra little something I am rewarded for playing the games I love to play #Oodlemania
3. holloweenie4 - @GSNOodlesI like prizes #Oodlemania
4. mademedoit1 - @GSNOodles I love oodles 'cause they are challenging but not impossible to get, and I could possibly win something by playing #Oodlemania
5. Gerson49 - @GSNOodles I love Oodles because they help me get free things, and enter contests for free. #Oodlemania
6. jagcatgo - @GSNOodles I love oodles because I have bought/won alot of nice prizes with them by just playing games!!! #Oodlemania
7. 2020rblack - @GSNOodles #GSNOodles I love the variety of games and social outlet #Oodlemania
8. arrohur - @GSNOodles I love Oodles because I can try and try to win something, I haven't won anything yet but I know some day I will #Oodlemania
9. amycVT - @GSNOodles I love Oodles because I want to bid on, and win, a large flat-screen TV from GSN! #Oodlemania
10. stormking9 - @GSNOodles I love LINGO #oodlemania
Poems - The Oodles Team loved the poems so much they decided on 6 winners (instead of 5) of 3,000 Oodles each!
1. RachelB57 - @GSNOodles The piggy bank, Oodle Hog, is just so fat. I bet I could get me some gitftcards with that! #Oodlemania
2. danhere2 - Oodles are great Oodles are grand if you play and win then you will be a fan #Oodlemania
3. spoilt78 - @GSNOodles Poem: Roses are red, Violets are blue, I love GSN and Oodlemania too! #Oodlemania
4. osuwaribooi - @GSNOodles an oodle Haiku: Oh my dear Oodles / I must collect lots and lots / Cause they get me stuff #Oodlemania
5. stormking9 - @GSNOodles gsnoodles how I love thee I'm writing u a poem 4 evryone 2 c! Gsnoodles ur so much fun uh oh 140 characters I'm done #oodlemania
6. gestawoman - @GSNOodles Oodles today, prizes tomorrow, without your games, I'd have much sorrow. #Oodlemania
Last edited by GSNAngel; 01-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.