Learn how to subscribe to threads & why you would want to
When there is a message board thread you want to subscribe to, click the drop down arrow next to "Thread Tools" when the thread is open. There you can click on "Subscribe to this Thread."
You will be brought to a window that asks what notification type you'd like:
The next question will ask you which folder you'd like your update to go to. There is already one default folder simply titled "Subscriptions". If you plan on using subscribed threads a lot, you can make additional folders.
- Through your control panel only -no emails sent.
- Instant notification by email - whenever anyone posts anything new in the thread, you are sent an email.
- Daily email updates - Once a day update.
- Weekly email updates - Once a week updates.
To create new folders and manage your subscribed threads, click on "Quick Links" at the top of the Forums page and then click on "Subscribed Threads" in the drop down window.
This will bring you to your subscriptions page. To the left where it says "My Subscriptions" is an option to edit folders. Click on "Edit Folders" to create up to 3 new ones. You will also see a button that says "View all subscribed threads" on the right hand side of the page. Click on that, and from there you can:
- Update your subscription type - change from control panel only, instant, daily, weekly.
- Move to a new folder - relocate select threads.
- Unsubscribe - if you're done following a thread completely, you can stop getting updates.
Whether you're playing message board games and want instant notification of posts or waiting for the latest Oodles or show updates, you will discover subscribing to threads can be one of the most helpful features of the message boards.